I can hardly believe it's been 6 months since I've posted. Time has been flying! With Miss Sophia's approach to 2 came new milestones... she's cruising everywhere, she's had moments of unsupported standing (they were very, very brief- but they happened!), and she's really gotten good at the art of the temper tantrum.
It's one of those things, the temper tantrum. Going from having a baby who did NOTHING to having a toddler who flings herself on the ground to holler and kick is really something. I can't help but laugh- because I am just thrilled that my kid is doing something age appropriate- even if it is a bit embarrassing. All I can do as I grin and look around at whomever is present for the display is say, "Have you met my 2-year-old?" Yeah... it's good times.
What I'm not loving these days is when someone I don't know asks me how old Sophie is... because it always happens as I'm helping her walk. Why don't people just ask the question they really want to ask, which is, "Why can't your kid walk yet?" I'm happy to explain, and I appreciate people trying to be polite, but it's getting old. It's a good thing that Sophie is on the verge of getting up and going herself so that my back will be saved (she's getting too big to carry!) and I won't have to knock anybody's block off.
As always, patience is a virtue. Luckily I possess it, because otherwise we'd all be in trouble. And really, Sophie is moving at light speed in her own way. So I'll keep laughing and cherishing each moment she demands that I come and play with her, because before long, we'll be on to the next big things. Let's just hope that when she starts walking I can keep up.

1 comment:
She is a wonder! And I have never seen her have any trouble getting where she wants to go. Or getting what she wants.....or captivating an audience......man, I love that girl!
Post a Comment